Agents Receiving a Real Estate Referral from Adam Garrett
Updated: Feb 8
Adam is highly selective about what agents he refers to buyers & sellers. Prior to accepting a referral, please review below to ensure that you meet his minimum criteria for agents:
Adam likely wouldn't have reached out to you unless the following were true:
1. You have been a licensed real estate agent for at least 5 years cumulatively
2. You have done at least one of the following in sold property volume over the course of your career:
A. 50 real estate transactions
B. 15 million USD in property sold prices (with a minimum of 20 sales)
3. You have at least one of the following:
A. 15 or more reviews on publicly available websites in places where clients can place positive or negative reviews for you and have done so (not counting duplicate reviews on multiple platforms, but counting cumulative reviews across review sources) with a cumulative rating across review platforms of 4.75/5 or higher.
B. Adam Garrett can personally vouch for you through his current or past personal friendship with you where you have maintained high ethical standards as well as standards of excellence, though you haven't sought out reviews much during your career to have 15 or more. Also, you have at least 10 years of experience with either 75 or more real estate transaction or 22 million USD in property sold prices. Example
Adam needs to know if you meet the following minimum criteria:
You are a Realtor
You have access to the primary MLS in the city/town where you are based out of. If there are multiple MLS in the buyer's or seller's area, you have access to at least 95% of the listings via MLS in the city/town where you are based or have informed Adam prior to the referral agreement that you do not have access to all the MLS necessary to help the buyer or seller with 95%+ access (not including FSBO's, other homes not listed on any MLS, etc.). (SE VA MLS % by county/city)
You must be available to reach out to the referral within 12 hrs of receiving their information.
You must have a CRM.
You have never been guilty of any ethics violation with your Real Estate Board (unless you've done more than 100 transactions, in which you've committed less than 1 violation per 100 transactions), and have never been convicted of any felonies.
You must be engaged in real estate full-time.
You must be the referral's primary point of contact for in-person and phone/email/virtual meetings in the transaction, not another admin or another agent.
No admin/transaction coordinator fee that exceeds $400, and if present, clearly stated in buyer brokerage agreements/listing agreements
You must be able to text.
No dual agency for referred clients, though designated agency is fine.
Minimum criteria if Adam's referring you a buyer:
No lender lock in agreements where the buyer must use the preferred lender of the agent with their purchase.
No minimum commission that exceeds the greater of 3% or $4k in buyer brokerage agreements.
Minimum criteria if Adam's referring you a seller:
1. Professional photography used (& if not professional, top 10% of non-professional photos by someone with a camera that is a competitor to professional grade cameras and shot primarily in wide angle if appropriate, & you must send Adam your last 5 listings so that he can preview your photo quality/volume prior to referral)
2. Agent must personally preview the property in person before listing
3. If the suggested listing side of commission (not including the buyer side) exceeds 3% for single-family residential, there must be available reduced options that include 3% that are disclosed to Adam prior to referral.
4. If the sale(s) are in an area where more than 1 MLS is common, the following MLS access for sellers is minimally required (at 3% commission or less for the listing side, not including the buy side, for single family residential; it's fine for there to be enhanced options that exceed these numbers alongside these numbers based on higher levels of service):
<$100k - primary MLS coverage
$100,001-$200k 80%+ MLS coverage
$200,001-$300k 90%+ MLS coverage
$300,001-$400k minimum 95%+ MLS coverage
$400,001+ 99%+ MLS coverage
Requirements if clients being referred aren't in the same location as where they plan to purchase or sell and they will be doing things remotely
1. You must be able to use screenshare in virtual meetings
2. You must know how to shift your phone to wide angle videography
3. You must have at least one of the following camera phones or a model of comparable or superior image quality:
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, S21 Ultra, or S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 5 Pro, 6 Pro, or 7 Pro
Iphone 12, 13, or 14 Pro or Pro Max
Huawei P50 Pro
Oppo Find X5 Pro
Xiami 12 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Does Adam himself meet these requirements?
Adam far exceeds many of these requirements, in some cases being in the top 1% of agents in his area in a critical component of the purchase or s