Updated: 16 hours ago
In this article, I'd like to go over what I offer real estate agents and a glimpse of what I offer to the buyers and sellers they refer me to for real estate agents looking to refer business my way:
Dozens of reviews & recommendations on various platforms
Saving Clients Money
Keeping Clients' Interests First
Client Educator (See also my extensive website that includes enough content I've written to fill a book)
High Ethical Standards Including Integrity
I have had full-time experience as a Realtor since February 2015. Prior to becoming a Realtor, I spent 9 months full-time in the marketing department at Garrett Realty Partners. As visible from a brief review of my website & as shared by a review, "As a third generation realtor, his knowledge base and experience is beyond his years."
In my best year thus far, I was within the top 3% of buyer's agents and top 8% of agents overall in my primary market (Hampton Roads & #s from REIN MLS, not counting sales outside of REIN).
My freshman year of college my family purchased this home, so I know some things about luxury waterfront that many don't:
You'll see the majority of my previous transactions on my Zillow page.
Access to 5 MLS
1. Access for sellers to up to 4 MLS
Commissions mentioned below are for listing side commission, not including buyer side which I advise to match the listing side up to 3%, but where sellers ultimately make the decision. Commissions listed below are for single-family residential; amounts are higher for commercial/land.
A. 2.5% listing side (not including buyer side) commissions get access to the primary MLS of the city/county.
B. <$100k - primary MLS for 3% (or 4% for 4 MLS w typically 99%+ MLS coverage)
C. $100,001-$200k 80%+ MLS coverage for 3% (or 3.5% listing side commission for 99+% typically w/ 4 MLS)
D. $200,001-$300k 90%+ MLS coverage for 3% (or 3.25% listing side commission for 99+% typically w/ 4 MLS)
E. $300,001-$400k minimum 95% MLS for 3% (or 3.15% for 4 MLS which is typically 99+%)
F. $400,001+ 99%+ MLS coverage typically via 4 MLS
2. Access for buyers to up to 5 MLS no matter the purchase price
3. The data to show which cities/counties in the area are primary to each. Here is a list of which MLS are used most by which city in the area & here is an article on MLS explaining the importance of MLS & other details for buyers and sellers.
Here are my MLS:
Northern Neck (NE),
Central Virginia Regional (W),
Chesapeake Bay & Rivers Association of Realtors (E),
& Real Estate Information Network (SE)
Excellent Offerings for Buyers
1. My 1-year sales volume has put me as high as the top 3% of buyer's agents in my area.
3. I offer top 1% video visuals for out-of-town buyers.
4. I offer top 1% written details & resources going through dozens of elements of a prospective offer with references specific to locations within a few variants of local SE VA offers (REIN & VAR) & nationwide offers (HUD & VA) on a spreadsheet that I've composed from scratch.
5. My master spreadsheet of home purchase considerations, which I make available to all of my buyers, is unmatched. If you show me one that's more comprehensive & resource rich, I'll give you $500. I haven't seen anything that can come close.
6. I offer a top 1% offer spreadsheet (publicly available) comparison that goes over for buyers what's most important & the difference between what's safer for the buyer and what's positive for the seller/more likely to help a buyer win.
7. I offer superior agent fill-ins vs what most agents offer. When I'm unavailable for a showing, I have around 100 other agents at my firm to choose from who are based in a wide range of territory, and typically use agents who have done over 150 transactions, with one of my go-tos having done over 500 transactions.
8. My feedback to buyers within showings is within the top 3% of agents.
Excellent Offerings for Sellers
My standard marketing (including 3% listing side commission on single family residential, 5% on commercial, & 5% on land, with "*" by reduced offerings for lower listing side commissions) begins with:
1. Placement on 4* MLS,
2. Matterport virtual tours (including interior & exterior*)
4. Professional photos.
5. Top 1% area photos (from the ground and the air, with limitations on new photos for low commissions).
6. Paper marketing to around 100 agents at my firm* & same flyer on property in flyer box on sign & in building
7. Email marketing to those same roughly 100 agents,
8. A social media campaign with an average reach of over 10 thousand and average engagement over one thousand* (also excluding certain distressed properties that are in condition that could lead to public heckling, i.e. unusually dirty properties & those with many obvious repair needs)
9. Open houses*
10. Highly comprehensive responsibilities & obligations of buyer & seller with page #s to reference on contracts*
11. Highly detailed property walk throughs for all sellers who want to maximize profits by not going as is, but available for as is sales as well.
12. Data input in MLS is highly detailed to consistently max out the public remarks space's word count (within 95%) to display positive property elements & check far more property features than most agents for similar properties to maximize searchability.
13. Highly comprehensive offer comparison spreadsheet*
14. Highly comprehensive emails edited according to situations at each major step of the process to guide you thoroughly. An informed seller can make the best decisions.*
15. Extensive writing on numerous subjects beyond email direct content that can be provided on call, with over 50,000 words on my website alone.
16. Limited highly practical staging assistance, including (if not already present) hand towels, interior floor mats, exterior entry mats, shoe covers, toilet paper, basket for shoe covers w built in label, metal step to open trashcan, etc.*
17. Snacks and drinks of much better selection, quality, and quantity than typical if present at all.*
18. Stands available to put 11x17 cardstock images of home while staged if furniture is removed prior to listing and to put on location and nearby aerials if desired*
20. Adam will typically reach out to all prior parties who expressed interest or showed the property without ruling it out prior to acceptance of an offer.*
21. 2-3 electronic MLS lockboxes & a contractor lockbox
22. For higher-end properties, if desired my father, Greg Garrett (Linkedin, Facebook, Company Webpage), can be present with me at listing appointments & if desired, co-list property with me. He's been Recognized in Realtor® Magazine as one of the top 50 Realtors® in the United States. He's sold a few dozen properties for sellers over $1,000,000 & has possibly sold more homes than anyone else living in SE VA, thousands of properties personally.
Below maps for sellers & buyers are labeled along with the 5 MLS I have access to with strong coverage. Areas in white are where my MLS don't have ideal coverage.